Nina unter Wasser
– an award-winning animated short film
Agency / Team:
F. Grieffenhagen (Music), F. Menzel (Sound Design), S. Colli (Sound Design), L. Rensinghoff (Sound Mixture)
story, design, animation
- previous project next project
In this university project, the assignment was to produce a short film that tells a story in only 100 seconds time.
For my film, “Nina unter Wasser” (Nina under Water), I developed a children’s story about a little five-year-old girl who wants to be a diver when she grows up. So she practices holding her breath in the bathtub and suddenly finds herself in a completely new world… “Nina unter Wasser” is a little story about bathing and about dreaming.
The animation is done with Flash. I used a graphic tablet to draw the elements directly in the computer and worked with a mixture of traditional frame-by-frame animation and the tweening-possibilties offered by the program.
- Kurz&Schön, 1st prize in the category “Narrative” (Shortfilm Award of the Acadamy of Media Art, Cologne)
- Sehsuechte (2001 | Potsdam, Germany)
- 11. Bochumer Video Festival (2001 | Bochum, Germany)
- Ovarvideo2001 (2001 | Ovar, Portugal)
- up-and-coming shortfilm festival (2001 | Hannover, Germany)
- Festival de Court Métrage de Clermont Ferrand (2002 | Clermont Ferrand, France)
- 48. Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen (2002 | Oberhausen, Germany)
- International Audiovisual Creation Festival of Navarre (2002 | Navarre, Spain)
- FAFshow (2002 | San Francisco, USA)
- Aspen Filmfest (2003 | Aspen, USA)
- SVT (2003 | Swedish Television)
- :output04 (Verlag Hermann Schmidt | Mainz, 2001)